Legalese had launched a COVID-19 specific page for legal resources and assistance during this unprecedented time. CLICK HERE
Labour Legal Services
The trick to growing any business is building a successful team. However, as any business owner will tell you, growing a team is one of the most difficult challenges facing any company.
There are, among other issues, formulation and compliance with company policies, employee discipline, restructuring and the dreaded retrenchments and/or terminations.
Without the luxury of a dedicated Human Resources Department or an in-house Legal Counsel, entrepreneurs are left to figure out the complexity of labour and employment law by themselves… until now!
Legalese is a creative legal agency, whose aim is to make running and operating a small to medium-size business easier and smoother while staying compliant of South African regulations.
Our labour law experts will walk you through the hiring, managing and if need be, terminating of your workforce, all ethically and within the bounds of South African labour law. At Legalese we can assist you with everything from drawing up of comprehensive employment contracts, building you workplace policies, handling of disciplinary issues, CCMA matters and labour audits – just to mention a few.
What can we offer you?
– Employment contracts
– Independent Contractor’s agreements
– Mutual separation agreements
– Grievance procedures
– Alcohol and drug abuse policies
– Sexual harassment policies
– Intellectual property policies
L ABOUR ADVICE
– Disciplinary matters
– Compliance with Labour legislation
– Poor work performance procedure
– Incapacity dismissals
– Step by step guidance
– Compilation of Bundles of Documents
– Preparation of witnesses
– Review workplace policies
– Labour legislation compliance assessment
– Company policies implementation assessment
– Staff performance reviews
– Handling Disciplinary matters
– CCMA matters
RETRENCHMENT AND DISMISSAL PROCEEDINGS
– Guidance through the retrenchment process
– Guidance through the dismissal process
– Initiation and prosecution of disciplinary action
– Chairing disciplinary enquiries
– Chairing sanction appeals
– Warning letters