So you started a project in your bedroom a few years back and suddenly you have a fully operational business – overheads to cover, employees to pay and investors who are keeping an eye on your growth. You probably never imagined it would get to this point. As your business grows, so do your risks and responsibilities. And to manage that, you probably need a lawyer.
Why do you need a lawyer?
No one is suing you, and you’re doing nothing criminal. But, in the everyday running of your business, you’re entering contracts, creating protectable property, and taking on duties under the law, whether you realise it or not. You’re a player on the legal landscape. That’s where we come in. Legalese is fluent in the language of the law, and we understand the nuances and needs of the
We can assist you in ensuring your business is operating in a legal, efficient, risk-averse manner. We can guide you through dealing with investors, managing relationships with clients, protecting shareholders, handling employees or restructuring business entities to ensure you are making the most out of the resources available to you.
Traditionally, legal services are expensive, slow, and antiquated. Legalese looks at law differently, utilizing modern technology and innovative thinking to construct legal solutions that suit you and your business. We charge fixed fees without hidden costs which are appropriate to your size – rather than the ever-growing amounts traditionally charged by law firms. We’ll tailor any of our services to assist your particular needs at any stage of your operation, no matter your size or sector. The Legalese team is made up of young, experienced, forward-thinking lawyer who understand our clients, their products and the industries in which they work.
What can we offer you?
- We’ll chat to you about your company and its direction, answering any specific questions which apply in the development of your business, including corporate structuring advice.
- We’ll also bring to your attention any legal weaknesses or red flags of which you should be aware and advise you on areas you should keep on your radar.
- Company registration
- Change of company details
- Operating license applications
- We’ll sit with you and your partners, fellow shareholders, or service
providers to reach a settlement, decide on a memorandum of
understanding, or settle disputes.
- We’ll work with you to draft plain language, bespoke agreements for once-off deals or ongoing relationships or applications.
- Internal agreements, including shareholder agreements, employment agreements and NDAs.
- External agreements, including commercial lease agreements, service level agreements and terms of engagement for your clients.
CONSUMER-FACING REGULATIONS COMPLIANCE
- Advice and guidance on e-commerce regulations and data compliance
- Data and website policies
REVIEW OF THIRD PARTY OR EXISTING AGREEMENTS
- Explain third party agreements and their implications
- Amend proposed agreements
- Visa and permit applications
- Legal research
- Intellectual property registration and guidance
- Corporate structuring
- Business consulting