Legalese has launched a COVID-19 specific page for legal resources and assistance during this unprecedented time. CLICK HERE
Early Stage Startups
Starting your own business can be exciting, nerve-wracking and difficult. You understand how your product or service works and why it’s a game changer. Yet there are so many elements that feel out of your control: Are you supposed to register a company and pay tax? How do you protect your interests and ensure everything is done by the book? What should you do to ensure good and sustainable relationships with your partners?
Why do you need Legalese?
No one is suing you, and you’re doing nothing criminal. Why do you need a lawyer? Every day, you’re entering contracts, creating protectable property, and taking on duties and obligations under the law – whether you realise it or not. You’re a player on the legal landscape. Legalese is fluent in the language of the law. We understand the nuances of your industry and your needs. We offer affordable, accessible and understandable legal services to ensure you’re operating in a legal, efficient, risk-averse manner and assist you in the day-to-day running of your business.
No matter your entrepreneurial needs, with our understanding of cutting-edge technologies and grasp of the most recent local and international law, Legalese can partner with you, offering practical legal advice and guidance on the best way forward. We offer user-friendly legal products and packages designed specifically for start-up companies and small businesses. We charge fixed fees without hidden costs which are appropriate to your business size – rather than the ever-growing amounts traditionally charged by law firms.
We’ll tailor any of our products to assist your particular needs at any stage of your operation, no matter your size or sector. We aim to partner with you from the get-go, providing information and implementation guidance whatever your stage of development in order to avoid difficulties, liability and costs later on.
What can we offer you?
- We’ll chat to you about your company and its interests, answering any specific questions at any point in the development of your business, including corporate structuring advice
- We’ll also bring to your attention any pitfalls or red flags you should be aware of and advise you of any legalities you should keep on your horizon.
- The initial consultation is free.
- Profit and non-profit company registration
- Tax clearance
- Change of company details
- Operating license applications
- We’ll work with you to draft plain language, bespoke agreements for once-off deals or ongoing relationships or applications.
- Internal agreements, including shareholder agreements and NDAs.
- External agreements, including lease agreements, service agreements and terms of engagement.
- Visa and permit applications
- Legal research
- Mediation and discussion facilitation
- Intellectual property registration and guidance
- Compliance and regulation guidance
- Corporate structuring
- Business consulting
- Review of third party or existing agreements