Legalese has launched a COVID-19 specific page for legal resources and assistance during this unprecedented time. CLICK HERE
Non Profit and Social Enterprise
You want to change the world, but you don’t know where to start. You are passionate about making a difference and want to make an impact through social justice. The world is changing at a rapid pace, and so are funding models for non-profit entities. As conventional funding channels dry up, non-profits are looking at more creative ways to generate income, whilst being careful not to jeopardise their coveted tax-exempt status with SARS.
Various forms of non-profit structures are emerging, which range from non-profits delving into business activities to earn income, to hybrid structures such as social enterprises.
Legalese can help non-profits to explore alternative funding models and structures. We work with trusts, associations, non-profit companies as well as for-profit entities that are looking at ways to enhance their social impact. There are various facets to running a non-profit, which require compliance on all spectrums, including tax and governance. Our service offering includes non-profit company registrations, application for PBO and Section 18A (Donor Deduction) status to SARS, registration with the Department of Social Development, training workshops, volunteer policies, advice on the King Code & governance, social enterprise structuring and more.
What can we offer you?
REGISTRATION & ESTABLISHMENT
– Non-Profit Companies
– Voluntary Associations
PBO & SECTION 18A APPLICATION
– Amendment of founding documents
– Application for registration as a PBO with SARS
– Application for section 18A Donor Deduction Status with SARS
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE STRUCTURING
– Hybrid Structure Advice
– Amendment of Founding Documents
REGULATORY ASPECTS & RISK
– Drafting of Child Protection Policies
– Preparation of Volunteer Indemnity Forms
NPO REGISTRATION & OTHER
– Registration with the Department of Social Development
– Amendment of Founding Documents to comply with the NPO Act
– Drafting of Sponsorship Agreements
NON PROFIT GOVERNANCE & ADVICE
– Prepare resolutions
– Workshops for non-profits
– Tax advice
– VAT advice
– Strategy & consulting
– King Code Advice and Implementation – Advice on foreign volunteers