Non Profit and Social Enterprise
You want to change the world, but you don’t know where to start. You are passionate about making a difference and want to make an impact through social justice. The world is changing at a rapid pace, and so are funding models for non-profit entities. As conventional funding channels dry up, non-profits are looking at more creative ways to generate income, whilst being careful not to jeopardise their coveted tax-exempt status with SARS.
Various forms of non-profit structures are emerging, which range from non-profits delving into business activities to earn income, to hybrid structures such as social enterprises.
Legalese can help non-profits to explore alternative funding models and structures. We work with trusts, associations, non-profit companies as well as for-profit entities that are looking at ways to enhance their social impact. There are various facets to running a non-profit, which require compliance on all spectrums, including tax and governance. Our service offering includes non-profit company registrations, application for PBO and Section 18A (Donor Deduction) status to SARS, registration with the Department of Social Development, training workshops, volunteer policies, advice on the King Code & governance, social enterprise structuring and more.
What can we offer you?
REGISTRATION & ESTABLISHMENT
– Non-Profit Companies
– Voluntary Associations
PBO & SECTION 18A APPLICATION
– Amendment of founding documents
– Application for registration as a PBO with SARS
– Application for section 18A Donor Deduction Status with SARS
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE STRUCTURING
– Hybrid Structure Advice
– Amendment of Founding Documents
REGULATORY ASPECTS & RISK
– Drafting of Child Protection Policies
– Preparation of Volunteer Indemnity Forms
NPO REGISTRATION & OTHER
– Registration with the Department of Social Development
– Amendment of Founding Documents to comply with the NPO Act
– Drafting of Sponsorship Agreements
NON PROFIT GOVERNANCE & ADVICE
– Prepare resolutions
– Workshops for non-profits
– Tax advice
– VAT advice
– Strategy & consulting
– King Code Advice and Implementation – Advice on foreign volunteers