Tax Legal Consulting
Like the old saying: nothing in life is certain but death and taxes. Whether you’re incorporating your first business or structuring your expansion into new foreign markets, there is one thing which your business simply cannot escape – taxes. Unfortunately, when it comes to the receiver of revenue, ignorance is not bliss – ignorance can lead to unintended liabilities, penalties and interest. But on the other hand, tax awareness helps you plan your finances effectively and legally.
Tax is an ever-evolving part of our law and one which is relevant to all businesses. Regardless of if you’re turning your first profits, structuring an employee share incentive scheme, or figuring out how to earn international revenue, it’s important to structure your tax correctly and be aware of the implications on your cash flow, intellectual property assignment, or commercial structuring.
Legalese and our tax partners can provide a wide range of services, including tax registration, tax advice for non-resident taxes, international tax structuring and advice, VAT opinions and more. We can comfortably guide you through the minefield of tax with our wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field, so you can sleep comfortably knowing you’re efficient and compliant.
What can we offer you?
- Initial start-up tax advice
- VAT registration
- Income structuring advice
- Small Business Corporation tax advice
- Advice on allowable deductions
- Contract structuring advice
- Offshore company tax advice
- Employee tax obligations
Intellectual Property Transactions
- Advice on tax implications of licensing or assigning your IP offshore
- Exchange control advice
- Royalty withholding tax advice
Cross Border Transactions
- Structuring of cross border transactions
- Guidance on tax residency
- International business or asset purchases
- Guidance on newly introduced expat tax
- Tax guidance and structuring for South Africans working abroad
- Tax guidance for foreign expats living in South Africa
- Formation of trusts
- Administration of trusts
General tax advice and opinions
- VAT opinions
- Tax directives
- Tax disputes
- Compromise arrangements with SARS
- Remuneration structuring