We Are Hiring!
Legalese is not a law firm. We are a creative legal agency which has redesigned legal services to suit the creative industry, music industry, tech companies and start-ups.
We celebrate invention above convention, ideas above amenability. This isn’t just lip service – everything from our approach to clients and the law, from our office to our working environment reflect this.
Our team is very dedicated to doing this thing that we’re doing. Legalese is the first legal agency catering specifically for the musicians, creatives and startups in South Africa and we are committed to doing it well and right. We think creatively and act unconventionally while still maintaining extreme professionalism.
We offer our clients a very high level of service and the business is growing as a result. So we’re looking for people to join the team and help us build this business we love, to support the industries we believe in.
We have a fun time, keep a sustainable work-life balance and wear comfortable shoes while doing it.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial / Entertainment Lawyer
As Legalese has grown, so has the size of our clients and the nature of our work. We have a client base made up of tech companies, creative agencies and growing businesses. Their businesses are ambitious, their structures are innovative, the deals are complex. As their lawyers, we have to think creatively to keep up with them and we’re looking for a smart lawyer to get on board.
This is an opportunity for an admitted attorney with experience in commercial law and an interest in creative and tech companies. The ideal candidate is one with experience in commercial law and corporate structures, who loves commercial law, but doesn’t love the law firm lifestyle.
Salary: R15 000.00 – R25 000.00 (depending on skill level and experience) with commission structure for new clients, work targets and developing new projects.
- Advise on corporate structuring
- Advise on commercial relationships
- Conduct legal research
- Draft contracts
- Manage application processes (not the court type)
- Assist with dispute resolutions
- LLB degree and admission as an attorney
- 1 – 2 years experience in corporate commercial law
- An interest in technology trends and creative industry
- Interest in a decent work / life balance
Office & Administrative Executive
As an expanding business, we’ve grown to the point where we need an administrative executive to join our team. We’re looking for someone who’s confident with clients, has experience in office management, pays great attention to detail, and can administer multiple tasks and their own time. The job involves project management, creating office systems, and developing the business. Ideally, you should have an interest in start-ups, the creative industry, technology trends and law.
Salary: R10 500.00 – R20 000.00, depending on skill level and experience.
- Oversee the office space and calendar
- Act as first point of contact for client traffic and communication
- Develop office systems
- Manage projects
- Develop business ideas
- Manage invoices and payments
- Research and draft of documents
- General executive assistance tasks
- Tertiary qualification
- Previous experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in computer and online literacy (including Google Apps, Trello, Slack etc)
- A driver’s license and own car